Temnodontosaurus 50p Coin
- The first time Mary Anning’s discoveries have featured on an official UK coin
- Follows on from the first popular series celebrating Tales of the Earth
- The perfect gift for anyone interested in prehistoric creatures
- Housed in packaging that contains a wealth of fossil reptile facts
- Developed in conjunction with the Natural History Museum London
- Collect all three coins in the series
Temnodontosaurus Coin Specification
|REVERSE DESIGNER||Robert Nicholls|
|OBVERSE DESIGNER||Jody Clark|
Who was Mary Anning?
Mary Anning was born in Lyme Regis, Dorset, in 1799 and spent her entire life in this small seaside town on England’s south coast.
During her childhood, the Napoleonic wars curtailed travel to Europe and tourists flocked to the seaside instead. Here, fossil hunting became a popular pastime for fashionable Georgians looking to add to their cabinets of curiosities, and a new cottage industry sprang up.