More about the Iguanodon 50p Silver Coin
- A Limited Edition Presentation of just 3,000 coins
- A landmark moment in British science commemorated on a coin for the very first time
- Developed in conjunction with the Natural History Museum
- The coin design and packaging illustrations are based on scientifically accurate reconstructions
- Finished to the finest Proof standard
- From the Dinosauria Collection of Dinosaur Coins
Iguanodon 50p Silver Coin Design
Featuring a design by palaeo-artist Robert Nicholls who specialises in producing anatomically accurate reconstructions of natural history specimens, it shows Iguanodon, one of the three creatures that Owen linked to form his new taxonomic group.
Designed with the expert guidance of the Earth Sciences Department of the Natural History Museum, it is available as a limited-edition gold and silver Proof, colour-printed silver Proof, colour-printed Brilliant Uncirculated exclusive to The Royal Mint, and standard Brilliant Uncirculated edition.
Iguanodon 50p Silver Coin Specification
|MAXIMUM COIN MINTAGE||3010|
|ALLOY||.925 Sterling Silver|
|REVERSE DESIGNER||Robert Nicholls|
|OBVERSE DESIGNER||Jody Clark|
|PURE METAL TYPE||Silver|