- A perfect gift for any science, computing and technology enthusiast
- Housed in vibrant packaging that brings Babbage’s inventions to life
- Inspire a love of science
- Add to your collection of Innovation in Science coins
- Produced in collaboration with the Science Museum
Striking Standard – Brilliant Uncirculated Coin
Sometimes referred to as ‘BU’, ‘B.U.’, or ‘B.UNC’, Brilliant Uncirculated coins are of a higher standard than circulating and bullion coins. An entry-level collectable, like Proof coins, the dies used to strike Brilliant Uncirculated coins are polished and finished by hand.
The Brilliant Uncirculated blanks are machine-fed and struck twice. As a result, they are produced at a much quicker rate than Proof coins – around 100 per hour. They offer a good level of design detail, but have a lower definition than Proof coins.
|REVERSE DESIGNER||Nigel Tudman and Jas Bhamra|
|OBVERSE DESIGNER||Jody Clark|