100 Years of Insulin 2021 UK 50p Silver Proof Piedfort Coin
Limited Edition 1,500
- Struck in 925 sterling silver and finished to Proof standard
- This Piedfort edition is double the weight of the standard silver Proof edition
- The reverse design features an interpretation of the structure of insulin along with its molecular formula
- Continues the hugely popular Innovation in Science series
- Produced in collaboration with the University of Aberdeen
- Striking Standard – Silver Proof Piedfort
- Proof coins are the highest quality commemorative coins. Their sharpness, detail and finish are unrivalled, making them perfect for collectors looking for highest levels of craftsmanship and detail.
The dies used to strike Proof coins are hand-finished to ensure that all imperfections are removed. Blanks are fed into the coin press by hand before being struck up to six times, at a lower speed and with less pressure than other finishes, to preserve the finer details of the design.
Piedfort coins are double the weight of the standard silver Proof edition.
|MAXIMUM COIN MINTAGE||1510|
|ALLOY||.925 Sterling Silver|
|REVERSE DESIGNER||Iris De La Torre|
|OBVERSE DESIGNER||Jody Clark|
|PURE METAL TYPE||Silver|