100 Years of Insulin 2021 UK 50p Silver Proof Coin
Limited Edition 3500
- Just 3,500 coins are available in this Limited Edition Presentation
- Struck in 925 sterling silver and finished to Proof standard
- Features an original design depicting the molecular structure of insulin
- The fifth coin in the popular Innovation in Science series
- Celebrating the innovative work of John Macleod, Sir Frederick Banting, Charles Best and James Collip
- Produced in collaboration with the University of Aberdeen
- Striking Standard – Silver Proof
- Proof coins are the highest quality commemorative coins. Their sharpness, detail and finish are unrivalled, making them perfect for collectors looking for highest levels of craftsmanship and detail.
- The dies used to strike Proof coins are hand-finished to ensure that all imperfections are removed. Blanks are fed into the coin press by hand before being struck up to six times, at a lower speed and with less pressure than other finishes, to preserve the finer details of the design.
|MAXIMUM COIN MINTAGE||3710|
|ALLOY||.925 Sterling Silver|
|REVERSE DESIGNER||Iris De La Torre|
|OBVERSE DESIGNER||Jody Clark|
|PURE METAL TYPE||Silver|