- A Limited Edition Presentation of only 250 coins
- Struck in 22 carat gold and finished to Proof standard
- Year-dated 2021 commemorating the 100th anniversary of this historic discovery
- The fifth release in the popular Innovation in Science series
- Honouring the incredible legacy of John Macleod, Sir Frederick Banting, Charles Best and James Collip
- Produced in collaboration with the University of Aberdeen
Striking Standard – Gold Proof
Proof coins are the highest quality commemorative coins. Their sharpness, detail and finish are unrivalled, making them perfect for collectors looking for highest levels of craftsmanship and detail.
The dies used to strike Proof coins are hand-finished to ensure that all imperfections are removed. Blanks are fed into the coin press by hand before being struck up to six times, at a lower speed and with less pressure than other finishes, to preserve the finer details of the design.
|MAXIMUM COIN MINTAGE||260|
|ALLOY||22 Carat Gold|
|REVERSE DESIGNER||Iris De La Torre|
|OBVERSE DESIGNER||Jody Clark|
|PURE METAL TYPE||Gold|